The Bible proves that Universalism is simply a theory of men who have not seen the true Church of the Lord Jesus Christ. This blindness is revealed in their teachings.
Universalism teaches that all who become a child of God also become a member of the Lord’s Church at the same instance they become a child of God. Universalists differ as to how they believe a person actually becomes a child of God but they agree that the person who becomes a child of God also becomes a member of the Church at the instance they become a child of God.
In the definition given there are several denials of God’s Word that become obvious. These obvious denials present a lack of light on the part of Universalism. These denials include, but are not limited to:
- A misrepresentation of the new birth.
- A failure to recognize the relationship of the new birth to Church membership.
- A failure to recognize the authority granted to the Church.
- A failure to recognize true baptism.
- A failure to recognize who is to partake of the Lord’s Supper/Communion.